Point of note
Warning regarding ivories and hawksbill turtle shells
- Japan is a member State of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and is implementing this convention based on the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Control Law. CITES is not a treaty to control internal trade and as such, it is often permitted in Japan to sell and buy the products subject to CITES under the Japanese law.
- The Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Control Law is also applicable to foreigners who visit Japan and return back to their home countries with souvenirs bought during their stay in Japan. Bringing back to their countries (export) is not permitted in principle. Even though visitors manage to bring back these items to their countries, these items may be subject to the regulations of the countries, thus leading to the confiscation of the items. We claim no responsibility for such confiscation that may occur on your return to your home country.
Regarding fountain pens made of natural materials
- Since the shaft of the fountain pen manufactured by our company uses natural materials and semi-natural resin, you can enjoy the unique feeling of use and aging for each material while using it every day as much as possible. If you make a mistake in the method or if you do not use the product for a long period of time, the material will be ruined.
Materials that need special attention
- Ebonite (hard rubber semi-natural resin)
It is sensitive to ultraviolet rays. To avoid surface deterioration, put it in a pen case that covers the entire fountain pen, or store it in the paulownia box at the time of delivery.
- Tortoise / black buffalo horn/White striped buffalo horn (protein)
It tends to be vulnerable to sudden temperature changes and drying. Also, if you do not use it for a while, there is a risk of insect eating, so wrap the fountain pen in newspaper (the ink of the newspaper has an insect repellent effect) (or with an insect repellent for clothing), and then put it in the paulownia box at the time of delivery. Please put it in and store it in a cool and dark place. If you have a lot of sweat, be sure to clean it with a polishing cloth that wipes your glasses. If left unattended, it will lose its luster.
- Ivory (calcium)
It tends to be vulnerable to sudden temperature changes and drying. If you do not use it for a while, put it in the paulownia box at the time of delivery and store it in a cool and dark place. If you have a lot of sweat, be sure to clean it with a polishing cloth that wipes your glasses. If left unattended, it will lose its luster.
- Please see the maintenance method on another page and clean the pen tip.
- It is a rule of thumb not to lend a fountain pen to anyone. The pen point is not working well.
- Please do not wash the whole with water.
- If you carry it around, please put it in a pen case with a partition or individually as much as possible. If you put many of them in a large pen case at once, the shaft and metal fittings will be scratched.
- Clean the shaft with a polishing cloth that wipes the glasses.
- The converter is a consumable item. Depending on the frequency, the service life is about 3 years.
When it is exhausted, it becomes difficult for ink to enter, and ink leaks from the rear of the converter. Please replace it before that happens.
If it is a shop handling a fountain pen it is mostly sold.
- The lifetime of the fountain pen ink is about 3 years. Please note that fading, poor ink flow and clogging.